Grab My Button

Saturday, March 1, 2014

SOMMA ~ Polymer Clay Class with Kathy Plante


I attended a polymer clay class taught by artist and fellow SOMMA member Kathy Plante.  She is a fabulous teacher and I had a wonderful time learning about polymer clay and its amazing versatility.


We made several pieces, including canes and discs (seen above) which I plan to use in mixed media works in the near future.  We also created some larger and more complex stacked pieces (below) to use as embellishments or focal pieces in other mixed media projects.  I was so happy to learn how to use mica and pigment powder with polymer clay.  I plan to purchase a pasta maker and toaster oven (dedicated to non-food use) soon so I can continue to learn and create with this wonderful medium!


To learn more about SOMMA, click here.