Grab My Button

Saturday, June 20, 2015

Art Retreat at Sandra Kaye's House!


The (first of many, I hope!) Art Retreats was held at
Sandra Kaye's house this weekend. Sandra, Darlene Winter,
our friend Kelley and I had a wonderful time working on
our art journals, eating gluten-free pizza (and other snacks@),
chatting, watching movies, walking on the beach
and much more! 

I can't wait until the next retreat!


My Commonplace Book, a new (to me) type
of art journal introduced to the group by Kelley.

A Commonplace Book is a place to put quotes,
ideas, thoughts and daily insights.

I made my cover out of a repurposed vintage book cover and
some metal rings.

Stay tuned for more posts about my Commonplace Book...


During the retreat, the lovely and talented Darlene Winter
gave us a mini-class on dyeing vintage ribbon with

FUN!!!


The last night of the retreat, we ate at a beachfront seafood
restaurant, Joe's Crab Shack, then went for a relaxing walk on the beach.