Grab My Button

Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Quilt Studio!


Now that I'm a partial empty-nester, I've expanded by art studio
into newly-flown bird's bedroom for use as a quilt studio!

My first project is a baby crib quilt for said birdie's baby.
We'll find out in three weeks if it's a boy or a girl.
Either way, this will be a much-loved grandchild!


I found these two cubbies at various thrift shops in the last couple of weeks for $2 each!


The move-in was fun and relaxing, with this beautifully serene pink
paint on the walls, courtesy of the hubs, who painted the room for me to maximize
the natural light from the southern exposure window.

I've got two Arrow Gidget II sewing tables, one with a Singer Sonata
sewing machine I received as a high school graduation present in 1983
and a Bernina 1230 I received as a gift from my mother-in-law.

The Singer is my quilt top piecing workhorse and the Bernina is my quilter.


Here's the luminously clear pink I selected for the walls.

This quilt studio is a happy space!